Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Many Faces of Mom


"Excuse you?!"
"Grossssss" 
"Watch it Mister!"
"Please no." 
"Don't even think about it." 
"Why me!?" // pure exhaustion 

So I realized that without saying a word, just by my look-- sometimes my boys will run and hide, apologize to myself or their brother, cry, scream, laugh, etc.... Oh what a "look" is capable of. 

It's especially nice when no words that are raging through my mind would be quite appropriate, that a look will do. 

For example, when we are in a public place and my boys are being crazy and nothing that is currently running through my mind would suffice– Without getting me an assortment of dirty looks and judgemental glances (as if their behavior isn't already doing that enough)– like when we're at our favorite sushi restaurant and they decide their chopsticks are really drumsticks and that everyone who came to dine tonight actually was coming to hear their extraordinary drumming. 

Or like when Connor takes his paint brush meant for the "paint wall" at the children's museum and decides to paint another mommy's leg! 
There. Are. No. Words. 
Minus the good 'ol fashioned full name calling. "Connor James Zick!!!" 

Or a more light-hearted one yesterday–
when I caught Connor red-handed with my Starbucks–I gave the "excuse me sir" look and his response was kind of funny (the kind where you're trying to hide your laugh as to not give allowance for it)... He giggled, kept drinking and said in the cutest two-year-old voice, "You'll never get it nowwwww." 


So for now I will continue to work on my repertoire of "looks", all... 

FOR THE LOVE!


No comments:

Post a Comment